Thursday, 27 September 2012

Follow your Heart

 Image:
 '
http://pinterest.com/pin/311381761705735096/'

I woke up one day and said to myself "this is what I want to do", so I let go of everything that no longer gave me joy and followed my heart ♥ ~ CQR


Why is it, I wondered recently, have I felt that I had to have another "job" on the go, when for as long as I can remember, all that I have ever wanted to do in my adult life was to have a family, and be at home myself to raise my children. That was exactly what I was already doing, so why for several years after my children were born, did I think I needed to be doing more.


Up until recently I had spent a lot of my spare time working on my home based, online business. Half heartedly I have to say as I was being driven by the idea of money making, not a passion for what I was building. Doing what I knew, not what I loved! As most of us know this is rarely a successful or enjoyable way to spend your time, so if you don't need to be putting energy into something that doesn't inspire you, you have to ask yourself, "why am I doing this"..


Now after some months of reassessing and reconnecting with my core values, I have realised that I have been given the gift of living the life I had asked for, so like in the quote above I have let go of all the things that no longer bring me joy, so that I can focus on all the things that do, my children, my husband and spreading peace, healing energy, love and kindness in any way I can.


I am following my heart and living my best life, enjoying the company of my children while they're little and in doing so I hope that I am helping my family to live their best lives too...as my little ones grow, our circumstances may change, if that's the case, we will journey down the road set before us, knowing that as long as we take each day as it comes and live in each moment as it unfolds, while hopefully doing what we love, then everything will work out just the way it should. For all of us. Ensuring that happiness is a priority.



No comments:

Post a Comment