Sunday, 21 October 2012

Faith


Faith

My earliest memory of an answered prayer was from my childhood, I was eight or nine years old.
My sister had lost a precious silver locket and was really upset, the thought struck me that we, along with our playmates, should pray to god and ask him to please let us find it. So I said, loud and proud that this was what we should do, the other kid's looked at me like I had gone a little bit mad, and to this day I don't know if anyone else joined me in prayer or not, but I do know that when I finished asking for help, I opened my eyes and looked down, and that precious locket was at my feet.

Of course from that moment on my faith has been an unwavering part of who I am, but more than that as a mum it proves to me that the experiences our children have from the earliest moments of their lives, large and small, shape who they will become. Even those that may have been long forgotten by the time they become an adult.

Experiencing real faith at such a young age was an incredible gift.


[apologies if you have read this in an earlier post, it is a draft rewrite for my book, that I accidental pressed publish on, whoops ..so I added this beautiful picture from pinterest and have left it here for a sneak peak of what's to come in my book Wisdom in small Steps] 








No comments:

Post a Comment