Monday, 6 January 2014

Isn't Reiki just an airy ,fairy, new age, hippy thing?

Isn't Reiki just an airy ,fairy, new age, hippy thing?
Absolutely, if that's what you're looking for. If you are an airy, fairy, hippy kind of a person, god bless you for following your heart, and I am positive you will find a practitioner with your same vision, who will be the perfect practitioner for you.

My personal Reiki practice is based on the traditional, not so traditional  and spiritual aspects of Reiki, taught by Mikao Usui, the founder of the Reiki system of natural healing. It was Mikao Usui's recommendation that one practices certain simple ethical ideals to promote peace and harmony and I do this by following the precepts & principles of his teachings and by sharing Reiki with those interested in it's natural benefits. Reiki is non-denominational, you neither have to like the idea of or believe in it for it to work, although I guess it could possibly be a more satisfying experience when you do.

I am trained & certified in several different systems of Reiki,; a Japanese technique for stress reduction that also promotes self-healing through deep, more often than not meditative, relaxation. It is administered by "laying on hands", making me as a practitioner a conduit to channel extra energy through the use of sacred symbols and gentle touch, allowing me to direct or channel energy to who and where it is needed.

The systems of Reiki that I embrace and am certified in are the traditional Usui Shiki Ryoho system level 1 & 2, the Seichim System level 1 and the Chikar-Reiki-Do System which also integrates both the Usui & Tibetan Reiki Master Systems. I value what each system brings to my practice.

My home based treatment room is a calm, peaceful retreat. I may use some crystals, scented candles and music therapy to add to the ambiance of the session, but I do not use incense or oils, and I do not diagnose condition or prescribe any form of medication, herbal or otherwise. Nor do I focus on the psychic elements that some practitioners work with, I simply work with the energy as I feel it. Nothing more and nothing less. Trusting in the the infinite intelligence of the universal life force energy itself along with my clients commitment to their own wellness, I truly believe great benefits can be found through Reiki for mind, body & soul.

If you are after a new age experience through Reiki, I may not be the practitioner for you. If you are feeling tired, stressed, run down, overworked, have trouble relaxing, have no luck with reaching a deep meditative state of relaxation by yourself or simply need to show yourself some quiet, gentle kindness to recuperate from a busy, over scheduled daily grind, I'm pretty sure I can help.

Through regular Reiki Relaxation Sessions it is my hope that you will find more balance in your life, more connection to self, that you will learn to listen to your body and become consciously aware of how you are feeling physically, emotionally and mentally, and that you may also find a new appreciation of the benefits of deep relaxation for your bodies recovery and recuperation, to assist you in your busy lifestyle.

Reiki is not a band-aid solution, and in my experience a single session will bring about comfort and an easing of symptoms, but will probably not bring about the miraculous recovery those who don't understand Reiki might expect from a single session. However make it a part of your wellness plan, like you would a regular check up with your doctor, dentist, a trip to the hairdresser or personal trainer and you will find that the results will speak for themselves. Reiki is always beneficial whether you choose a one time treatment or an ongoing treatment plan. It is a non-invasive, gentle, loving form of natural, complimentary therapy that will provide many benefits and do no harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment