Thursday, 21 May 2015

50 Years 20 Wisdoms




I was once told by a very wise man that we should give thanks to every teacher that comes our way; be they family, friend or stranger, past love or current partner. 
And I was gently reminded that it matters less how our lessons come to us, than what we learn from each and every one of them.











My Top 20 ...
Some took longer to learn then others, but here they are! Personal wisdom's gained... with thanks to the last 50 years...

  1. The most precious gift in life is to love and be loved.
  2. Time can not be bought and should not be wasted.
  3. Family is everything.
  4. Friendship is worth more than anything money can buy, community is a friend multiplied.
  5. Life isn't always easy and some days it can feel unbearable; others it can be absolutely beautiful &  brilliant! Either way if you get up to greet another day... it is a blessing. 
  6. At it's most difficult it is still possible to get through each day with strength, grace and a little humour. 
  7. People fascinate me, inspire me, at times frustrate me and continue to surprise me at every turn.
  8. Everyone should swim naked in the ocean at least once. (humming the music from jaws is optional)
  9. It's been said you should do something that scares you every day...I prefer to do something that makes me laugh, brings me peace or inspires me to dance a happy dance. We're all different...let's embrace it!
  10. Education is much more than academics.
  11. If you are going to work long hours; taking you away from more important things...then work long hours doing something you absolutely love.
  12. Eating the worm out of the bottom of the tequila bottle can make you very sick, especially if you drink the tequila first.
  13. Fun and laughter are vital to your vitality.
  14. Your world should never be to busy for some relaxation; fun, outdoor adventure and time to yourself; or time with friends & family. 
  15. Real books, the paper kind....need I say more.
  16. At the end of this amazing ride you can not take anything with you, don't learn this piece of wisdom last...that would be such a waste .
  17. Always get up, get dressed, get going!
  18. I have to accept the consequences of my choices...because they are my choices.
  19. Life is beautifully impermanent and is best enjoyed one day at a time.
  20. If you have happiness, peace, love and kindness and are willing to share it...you pretty much have everything. Money would be great too but doesn't guarantee any of the afore mentioned, luckily they are available to each of us... free. 
Simple wisdom's that I think we all know;  writing them down and reading them through  a few times... is a little reminder of just how true they are.

Enjoy each birthday that comes along and embrace the wisdom that comes with them....that's what I plan to do each time one comes my way...

Now go out there and be fabulous!

Cal xx

No comments:

Post a Comment